Caught up in Pottermania, WFP geeks out with writer, editor, and game designer Wolfgang Baur.
- 0:25 – At Third Place Books, buying Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
- 2:07 – Wolfgang Baur takes a break from training his hordes of clockwork ghouls to have a word with us.
- 2:39 – From gamer to writer to editor at TSR.
- 5:50 – The subject of fiction comes up, and Wolfgang is apprised of the “not getting laid” rule.
- 6:26 – The day job: technical and benefits writing.
- 8:35 – Breaking into the tech writing field with relatively little tech experience.
- 12:20 – Nuts and bolts: juggling multiple internal clients and budgets.
- 16:08 – Freelancing in the games industry.
- 16:29 – Wolfgang plugs his new books Expedition to the Demonweb Pits and The Forge of War.
- 16:55 – Nuts and bolts: how a role-playing game book gets made.
- 19:24 – We discuss the difference between game design and game writing.
- 22:06 – The sad realities of work for hire.
- 22:42 – Finding freelance work.
- 24:54 – I can’t for the life of me pronounce “Wingardium Leviosa” correctly.
Wolfgang Baur’s Web site: www.wolfgangbaur.com
Publications by Wolfgang Baur:
- Kobold Quarterly
- Open Design
- The Forge of War (Dungeons & Dragons, Eberron Setting)
- Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (Dungeons & Dragons)
Music by Morgansorange