Part Two of our conversation with writer, editor, and game designer Wolfgang Baur.
- 0:58 – What Wade is up to lately, writing-wise.
- 2: 18 – Wolfgang’s Open Design project: writing for patrons!
- 6:11 – Keeping the patrons entertained while they’re waiting.
- 8:05 – Why the relative lack of advice and how-tos in the game industry?
- 11:05 – Open Design vs. the open source software movement.
- 12:44 – Weeding out the Internet trolls.
- 15:00 – Some pitfalls of the patron system.
- 19:26 – When writers need to tell their patrons no.
- 20:25 – The project as a conversation.
- 20:55 – Empire Of The Ghouls!
- 22:31 – Wolfgang’s new magazine, Kobold Quarterly.
- 24:10 – How you can get a copy.
- 25:46 – Advice to aspiring writers.
- 28:05 – Will publishers be interested in your awesome game ideas?
- 28:48 – Your first audience is the editor.
- 29:47 – Submit your square-peg queries to Kobold Quarterly!
- 30:40 – So many URLs do we have.
Wolfgang Baur’s Web site: www.wolfgangbaur.com
Publications by Wolfgang Baur:
- Kobold Quarterly
- Open Design
- The Forge of War (Dungeons & Dragons, Eberron Setting)
- Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (Dungeons & Dragons)
Music by Morgansorange