We chat with Seattle-based freelancer Zia Munshi (and at one point, her pug Harry.)
- 0:20 – Wade is working from a noisy, noisy Starbucks. The resulting sound quality is not awesome.
- :43 – That second piece? Insanely hard to write, as it turned out.
- 1:11 – That barista in the background was hilarious.
- 1:39 – Zia Munshi joins us.
- 2:29 – Zia’s career trajectory.
- 3:38 – Getting that first ad agency gig.
- 4:19 – Young Zia’s six months in India working on a magazine for Americans.
- 5:35 – Projects: Like/Do Not Like
- 8:13 – Continually improving as a writer.
- 9:13 – Anathema words.
- 11:36 – How Zia finds freelance work.
- 12:10 – Advice for aspiring writers: the power of blogging, and putting together a portfolio.
Zia’s blog: www.ziamunshi.com
Music by Morgansorange