Christa Terry is the writer and editor of the bridal blog Manolo For The Brides. Her book iDo: Planning Your Wedding with Nothing But ‘Net is out in bookstores now.
- From blogger to book author
- Finding a niche and pitching the concept
- Who owns the information in Christa’s head?
- Winning over skeptical editors with statistic
- Writing a book under a tight deadline: tears and Tofurkey for Thanksgiving
- The publishing world can be a warm and nurturing place
- Christa’s next project: writing books and building a brand
- Advice #1: Value what you do and make people pay you for it.
- Advice #2: Bloggers – building a following online is all about interacting with your readers.
- Advice #3: Journalists – don’t expect to make big bucks doing glamorous work. Expand your repertoire by taking other gigs.
- Advice #4: You don’t have to be a freelance magazine writer to be a “real writer”. That world is very stressful and takes a very specific kind of person to do it.
- Christa’s book “iDo” did indeed come out on June 10th, but this episode was unfortunately delayed. Go buy it, wedding planners!
iDo: Planning Your Wedding with Nothing But ‘Net
The Everything Guide To Writing A Book Proposal
Music by Morgansorange